WORD PROCESSING POLICY
The Albemarle Regional Library
has made word processing capabilities available to the public. The following
- Patrons must sign up to use word processing at the
circulation desk on a first come, first serve basis.
- As computers are used for providing access to
Internet as well, time limits must be instituted: 1hour intervals. Patrons
may sign up for additional 30-minute slots if no one is waiting. Total time for any one individual shall
not exceed two hours per day.
- Patrons are expected to have prior computer skills in
regards to word processing, as the library staffs are not available for
training in this area.
- Patrons may not save their works to the computer hard
drive. As computer viruses can be passed through computer disks, patrons
but must purchase a 3.5” disk from the circulation desk at library cost if
they wish to save their work.
- Printing is available at each location for the cost
of .10 cents per page for black and white copies and .25 cents per page
for color copies, or such different amount as the Regional Library Board